More About Our Blog and Writers

OUR BLOG







Read some entertaining articles from some of Flair TV's contributing writers. These talented individuals will bring you articles covering: Entertainment, Technology, Relationships, Travel, Reviews and much more.















OUR WRITERS



Chad Hunter: is a freelance writer and author. He has been a contributor to Demand Sudios, AskMen.com and additional publications.



Yari: is a writer and student journalist using her pen and keyboard for change



Alisa Perocevic: is a broadcast journalism major at Columbia College striving to be an international reporter/broadcaster.


Margaret Lang: is a journalist from the Midwest following her passion of investigative and documentary journalism.

Ursula Fitzpatrick is a creative force of the written word, voiceovers, and theatre managment


































Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Thank you Facebook


How has Facebook affected your life? Did the infamous social, networking media bring you fame? Happiness? Sadness? Surprises, good or bad? Did it change your social or work life; maybe both? Have you gained or lost "friends"? I gained a few unexpected people I really thought I would never meet.

I joined facebook about two years ago only because my friends kept bugging me about it. A few months after that I recieved an unexpected, would have never imagined it friend request. It was my younger half-brother, whom I had never met. He lives in Indianapolis, IN with my other younger half-brother, half-sister, their mother and with the father I hadn't met in all my life. Soon afterwards, my other little brother sent me his friend request. It's a long story and when the editors gave me this blogging gig, I was told to write 150 words in length, so I'll keep it short and sweet. My brothers and I chatted quite often for the following year and decided to finally meet this past summer. So we did and it was awesome. Once they went back home to Indiana, my brothers planned and set up a surprise meeting for our father and I to meet and exchange hello's for the first time ever. Oh my gosh was it a surprise! They had all came to town for a family wedding and that's when it happened.

So if it weren't for facebook, I honestly believe I wouldn't have met my brothers nor the man that I'm told I look like. Maybe we would have in the far, far future, but who knows? So thank you Facebook.



Photo and Story by: Olivia N. Castaneda

No comments:

Post a Comment