More About Our Blog and Writers

OUR BLOG







Read some entertaining articles from some of Flair TV's contributing writers. These talented individuals will bring you articles covering: Entertainment, Technology, Relationships, Travel, Reviews and much more.















OUR WRITERS



Chad Hunter: is a freelance writer and author. He has been a contributor to Demand Sudios, AskMen.com and additional publications.



Yari: is a writer and student journalist using her pen and keyboard for change



Alisa Perocevic: is a broadcast journalism major at Columbia College striving to be an international reporter/broadcaster.


Margaret Lang: is a journalist from the Midwest following her passion of investigative and documentary journalism.

Ursula Fitzpatrick is a creative force of the written word, voiceovers, and theatre managment


































Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Living Yoga

Two years ago yoga changed my life. I decided to take a class in yoga that took place twice a week. Right away I noticed a difference in my body. Before I started practicing yoga I suffered from severe migraines, and meditating along with the different poses helped me to relieve the pressure that I held in my head.

Yoga is all about understanding your body, and living in the present. Just taking 10 minutes a day to focus on your breathing, and noticing your body while you're breathing is another way to calm the mind during stressful days.

Before I started practicing yoga I noticed how much I lived in the future, and how I was always worried about bills I had to pay or things I had to get done. Living in the future not only made life stressful, and more complicated, but there was no room to enjoy life in the now. Yoga poses are designed so that you feel your body stretch and breathe into them. My yoga teacher explained to me that when you realize most of your worries come from things you have no control over that you can take a deep breath and let things happen.

Yoga has a lot of benefits including increasing your flexibility, massaging of your organs, and it can also help you sleep, and become relaxed. Yoga has been around for centuries since the 6th century B.C., where they primary use for yoga was through meditation. Yoga is a way of life, and it teaches the importance of loving your body, and taking care of yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment