More About Our Blog and Writers

OUR BLOG







Read some entertaining articles from some of Flair TV's contributing writers. These talented individuals will bring you articles covering: Entertainment, Technology, Relationships, Travel, Reviews and much more.















OUR WRITERS



Chad Hunter: is a freelance writer and author. He has been a contributor to Demand Sudios, AskMen.com and additional publications.



Yari: is a writer and student journalist using her pen and keyboard for change



Alisa Perocevic: is a broadcast journalism major at Columbia College striving to be an international reporter/broadcaster.


Margaret Lang: is a journalist from the Midwest following her passion of investigative and documentary journalism.

Ursula Fitzpatrick is a creative force of the written word, voiceovers, and theatre managment


































Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sonia Salon Did My Henna

I've only had a vague awareness of what henna was. I was born and raised in Trinidad where young Indian women adorned their bodies with henna for social and holiday celebrations, but that was the only understanding I had. Traditionally, brides have the most intricate and beautiful henna as seen below, and the application of the reddish-brown dye was even a part of the celebration. The brides adorned their bodies not just for beauty but also for joy and good luck on their special day.


Recently, henna has moved beyond the sphere of just the traditional uses. Using it for body art is quite common. To do this, the henna leaf is dried then ground into a powder which is then mixed with an acidic liquid like lemon juice or even strong tea into a paste. This smooth paste allows the body art to be as intricate,



or as simple


as you would like.

Here in Chicago, I found a wonderful salon and spa that among other services, does amazing henna tattoos, and since I'm so pleased, I HAVE to share them with you. Sonia Salon does eyebrow threading, facials and full body waxing, and I am yet to be disappointed in any service I've enjoyed. Henna is one of those services. I just recently got my arms done with a simple yet beautiful design. It took less than half and hour to do each arm, and then I left the paste on for several hours so it could dry and give me a nice deep stain. Here is my final result!



The henna design will last between two to three weeks, maybe more. I highly recommend Sonia Salon for their henna work. They do not only decorative henna like the ones I got above, but they also do beautiful bridal henna and henna dye for hair. Owner, Sonia Dua, has created an a salon that gives you a warm and friendly experience mixed with high service standards and true professionalism.

Sonia Salon is located in Andersonville on the north side of Chicago, at 5055 N. Clark Street, Suite 1S. Walk-ins are welcome, or you can call 773-293-3110 to schedule an appointment. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment