More About Our Blog and Writers

OUR BLOG







Read some entertaining articles from some of Flair TV's contributing writers. These talented individuals will bring you articles covering: Entertainment, Technology, Relationships, Travel, Reviews and much more.















OUR WRITERS



Chad Hunter: is a freelance writer and author. He has been a contributor to Demand Sudios, AskMen.com and additional publications.



Yari: is a writer and student journalist using her pen and keyboard for change



Alisa Perocevic: is a broadcast journalism major at Columbia College striving to be an international reporter/broadcaster.


Margaret Lang: is a journalist from the Midwest following her passion of investigative and documentary journalism.

Ursula Fitzpatrick is a creative force of the written word, voiceovers, and theatre managment


































Wednesday, January 27, 2010

A Miracle In Haiti - Salvation of the Heart



Authorities state that it is rare, if not impossible, for a person to survive without water for more than 72 hours. Authorities have not met the people of Haiti.

Fifteen days after a magnitude-7 earthquake brought Port-Au-Prince to a pile of rubble, 17-year-old Darlene Etienne was pulled from a wreckage of cement and metal where she lay buried ALIVE since January 12.

Can you imagine the contrast? By then hope was gone and rescue efforts were officially halted in Haiti. But French rescue teams refused to stop. Now, with Darlene's rescue, they might return with radar equipment to search for other probable survivors.

The nation of Haiti has taught us a lesson or two about courage and hope. Countless rescues revealed a man, woman or child being pulled out of what seemed like the earth itself after days of being trapped, with grateful smiles; with proclamations that they were "not afraid, because they knew that God would not let them die; shouting thanks; and even singing praises.

I watch those video clips over and over again, and I wonder if I'd have the heart to survive being buried for several days in total darkness, scorching heat, possible injury and isolation from those I loved and needed. "What would keep me alive?" "What would matter?" But even more importantly, "What wouldn't matter?"

Yes, Haiti and Darlene Etienne's situation is extreme; but I'm compelled to re-evaluate my own life. What do I complain about? What are my discomforts; my pet peeves? What holds me back from being the best I can possibly be? What are my excuses? Am I obsessed with losing weight, how I look, or bad hair days?

I would hope that in dire situations my courage and hope would kick in, but am I even in possession of those attributes anyway? If I'm not feeding my mind and my soul the ingredients needed to produce such strength under pressure, chances are, it won't come out when I need it the most. And if I'm not feeding myself the necessary substances, then what am I ingesting?

The people of Haiti have taught me a lot about myself; looking in on their catastrophe, survival and triumph, I've learned that I have quite a journey of growing ahead of me. I can only hope that one day when those around me (or even myself) need ME the most, that I can become their miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment